Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'm backkkkk!

After 18 hostels and guesthouses, 10 lengthy bus rides, 7 flights, 4 countries, 3 overnight trains, 2 months, and 1 backpack I am back at school in Kapong!

I cannot believe how fast these past two months have flown, it seems like just yesterday Anna and I were mapping this trip out. Throughout these two months I have learned so much about Asia, myself and the fact I still tend to over pack. I promise that I will go into plenty of detail about all of the different segments of my trip as soon as I am all settled in back at Yaowawit. The first day of school is on Tuesday and I have a little preparing to do!

Before anything else I need to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to...

My parents and grandma: I am so lucky to have such supportive family members in all of my endeavors. As cliche as it may sound, this trip literally would have been impossible for me without them. I did my best to stay in contact and let them know my whereabouts so the worrying was kept to a minimum. I love you all so much, and once again THANK YOU for supporting me in my crazy adventures.

Steve Jobs: While traveling through SE Asia I have been able to have my iphone with me wherever I go. Some may see this as a downfall and the fact that you cannot get away, but trust me being able to contact home, friends, family when you need them is a plus!

Anna: My travel partner! We had such a great two months traveling and I can't believe how fast it came to an end. Thank you for keeping me sane when at times I was ready to freak out, and for dealing with my grumpiness when I am hungry.. whoops :) I missssssss you already Anna Ko, reunion in Germany?