Sunday, August 25, 2013

THE LIST 2.0

As I said in a previous blog post (The List 1.0) this type of writing happens when I just have tooooooo many thoughts and not really a connection between them all. So here it goes 10 random thoughts, stories, or happenings from my side of the world.

1.     Rainy season has been going on since about May and it has officially got the best of me. Here when it rains, it is not like Seattle rain. It is like a mini monsoon and you can’t go anywhere without looking like you took a shower in your clothes. It is crazy the roads, houses, shops flood and then the earth absorbs all of the water so fast. My brain actually can’t wrap around how it can still accept more water. I was spoiled when I first got here with all of the beautiful weather and I so ready for that to come back.

2.     I freaking love these Yaowawit kids. They continue to crack me up, and of course keep me on my toes. Within the last month we have had FIVE volunteers end there time at Yaowawit and head back home for things like school. I think it has taken a toll on some of the kids. Today one of the kids came up to me and asked when I go home, I responded by telling him I will be here until March. His response: YAYYYY! I like you K. A. but then quickly followed by a much more put together “cool”... “Oh okay, just wondering.” It definitely put a smile on my face J

3.     Not only have the kids gotten sick of saying good-bye to people, but so have I! I am now working with my third set of volunteers, which I can hardly believe.  I can ‘t believe that I have almost been here for 8 months, but I am so lucky for all of the wonderful people I have gotten to work with. Also it’s nice that I will get to see a few of you again in just a couple of weeks!

4.     As of recently I am obsessed with youtube. I had never spent much time on it before but I have discovered that people have channels and post vlogs and all sorts of things. Yes I know I am probably really late to notice this but it is EXTREMELY addicting, and very entertaining. People have channels on beauty, daily life, celebs, music, and anything you can think of. It has made me want to do a one-week vlog post on my blog just to try it out. No I won’t ever have a channel, I just and curious how it all works.

5.     On the 31st is Taylor Swift’s concert in Seattle and today I got very worked up that I will not be there. So I watched all of my videos from her concert a couple of years ago. BEST DAY EVER. Front row, on my birthday, it doesn’t get much better. Also I just really miss Taylor’s curly hair hahah.

6.     BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO ROGGGGGGGG, THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD! His birthday is on the 26th and I wish I could be there. But like I said in your card dad, I will be home soon enough to celebrate. I hope you had a wonderful weekend of fishing, and that mom and kenz spoil you tomorrow haha. Love you dad and happy birthday.

7.     Since coming to Thailand I have a coke obsession. At home I never drink coke, or much pop in general. Here Coke is so much sweeter than what we have in the US. Many days it is my afternoon pick me up, and I still think it is way better than coffee. I realize now that it kind of sounds like I am talking about a drug hahahha but Coca Cola is what I am referring to DUH.

8.     I am still just as obsessed with music as ever. So I thought since in my last version of the list I mentioned my main playlist at the time, I thought I would continue that…
-       The new Luke Bryan CD, my favorites are: Play it Again, Sunburnt Lips, Dirt Road Diary… but really I love them all.
-       Last Love Song by ZZ Ward
-       No Faith in Brooklyn by Hoodie Allen
-       In Case, Made in the USA, and Something That We’re Not by Demi Lovato
-       The Walking in Between album by Ben Rector
-       I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes

9.     WILDCATS EVERYWHERE THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIRRRRRRR. Guess what everybody; homecoming at Linfield is just around the corner! I swear I should be a rep for the school, advertising how good that place is haha. Anyways I am so excited about homecoming on October 5th because that means…

10. I WILL BE HOME!!! Yes, that is right I am taking a temporary break from my life in Thailand. I could not be more excited to see my family, friends, and the most comfortable couch ever in my living room. See you soonish America J