Saturday, January 11, 2014

One year.

                                

So it's a little cliche to say, but time is flying by! Everyone warned me when I arrived in Thailand that the time would go by to quickly, but of course I just couldn't imagine 15 months flying by. As Spring term came to a close, I kept hearing from many of the volunteers, "where did the time go?" Well here I am, exactly one year later wondering the same thing.

It's been a year of new experiences, endless adventure, culture shock and crazy foods.

It's been a year of no make up, barefoot teaching, Thai pants and big hair.

It's been a year of snakes, spiders, cockroaches and centipedes.

It's been a year of LEARNING about myself, teaching and the world.

And most importantly, it's been a year full of the most amazing, happy, open-minded, beautiful kids. 

Landing in Thailand I wasn't sure of what was to come, or how I would handle being away for so long. Of course I have had my moments of meltdown along the way, but with ease I can say that this has been one of the most rewarding and exciting years of my life. Thank you Yaowawit for being my home away from home for the past 365 days!