Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Fast Forward.




Time is literally flying, and I have no clue where it is going. February was full of all different fun events starting with the first annual Yaowawit cup! That’s right; Yaowawit hosted their very own soccer tournament for the first time. Also Yaowawit was the only team to have a girl on their team, so of course we cheered extra loud for our superstar Orr! The team played really well and ended up making it to the finals, with the whole school backing them throughout. Obviously I have been to my fair share of soccer games in my life, but watching with these Yaowawit girls is like something I have never experienced. The school morale is incredible, the stands were filled with high-pitched SCREAMING 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls and hand drawn colorful signs were being passed through out. In the end, the boys ended up placing second in the tournament.


This month our weekend off happened to align with Thailand’s famous Full Moon Party. Just about a year ago, I went to my first full moon party and vowed I would never return… 12 months later and well, here I am. It was great to lie on different beaches, shop different markets, and get away for a few days. Then as the full moon rose, we covered ourselves in neon clothing and paint and got ready for a long, dancing filled night! Everyone made it back safe and sound, but of course not without making Riley, Insa and I feeling like grandmas. I am not kidding when I say that staying up all night took it out of me for probably 4 days, I guess this whole turning 25 this year is no joke!

 



Towards the end of February there was another soccer tournament. This tournament was in Kapong, and like usual we were the only foreigners. So yes, this included many people taking pictures and pointing at us, and I am refusing to believe they were laughing at my heart shaped sunglasses. Over the course of a few days the team played really well and made their way to the finals. The team took second in a disappointing loss in penalty kicks. Unfortunately I know that feeling all too well, what a rough way to lose! Regardless nothing a little Thai BBQ couldn’t fix. I am super excited because there will be another game before I have to take off, we are all hoping for another W!




And now it’s March, WHAT? Somehow 15 months turned into 15 days, and I am starting to panic. For the time being I am just trying to soak up every last ounce of Thailand and Yaowawit before the end.