Thursday, January 31, 2013

THE LIST 1.0


I have so many random thoughts, sentences, and experiences and I am struggling to find the connection between them all. Since I do want to share with everyone, and of course not forget everything... here comes THE LIST version 1.0

1.     Linfield came to Yaowawit on part of their study abroad trip, and I could not have been happier to see a few faces from home! I was able to spend a few days with them here at Yaowawit and at the beach. Like I always say to my dad “Forget Disneyland, Linfield is the happiest place on earth!” What a great few days to have them here.
2.     I officially now eat ham and raisins. For those of you who know me well, I don’t think I have eaten either in 15 years besides the occasionally bite because people don’t believe me that I don’t like ham. I suppose sometimes ham and raisins sound more appetizing on days I’m not feeling so adventurous.
3.      At Yaowawit we have volunteers and teachers from many different countries. I am lucky enough to have made some great friends from all over the world! It absolutely cracks me up when we are all speaking English and we are stuck on a weird we all have a different pronunciation for it. Cough cough ANNA!
4.     I am so thankful for a good Internet connection!!! In my mind this would be a good time for me to be separate from my phone and not as dependent on facebook. Although I am not as obsessive as I am at home, it has been a lifesaver being able to talk to friends and family from home J
5.     We had a girl’s night with the high school students at Yaowawit on Monday night. It made me realize teenage girls, are teenage girls no matter where in the world you are. Topics of conversation: boys, painting nails, music, movies etc. Such a good night with the girls!
6.     Did I mention the high school girls chose to watch “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” one of my top 10 movies of all times?!?! I knew I liked Thailand haha.
7.     As much as I tell myself I am getting accustomed to spicy foods, I am absolutely not. The Thai teachers are constantly laughing at me and warning me when I eat spicy things! One day I will be able to handle the heat!
8.     I have never heard the song “Gangnam Style” so much in my life. Since being in Thailand I have a new appreciation for the song. The other night we had guests so the students did a few of their dances in the theatre. When it was the kindergartens turn, they showed up dressed up, make up and ready to go. They began to dance Gangnam style, which turned the entire school into a dance party. It was one of those moments when you just stop, smile and think how is this wonderful life mine?!
9.     Never did I realize how much I like food from home. I am craving turkey sandwiches, Mexican food, pizza, and the list goes on! Yesterday while in Phuket, I spent the equivalent of almost $7 on a regular sized box of Cheez-its #whoops they just looked toooo good to resist!
10.  From as far back as I can remember I have been obsessed with music. Constantly having music playing in the background, jamming in my car or the shower, discovering new artists, or playing one song on repeat until everyone else likes it as much as I do haha. I have made a Thailand playlist that I loveeeeeee so I thought I would share in case you are in need of some new music. Here is what I have so far:
-       The ENTIRE Biebs acoustic CD
-       Windows, Bones, Nothing, and What about today by Lewis Watson
-       Let Her Go by Passenger
-       The Ground by Orla Gartland
-       High and Dry and All At Sea by Jamie Cullum
-       Cups by Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect Soundtrack)
-       And of course whatever Taylor Swift I choose for the day


 So like it or not, version 1.0 of the list ladies and gents. I have so much more to tell but it will have to wait until the next blog post! I am so thankful for everyone I have been able to Skype with and keep in touch with so far! I appreciate every message of encouragement it truly helps! LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!